Faculty of Dental Medicine Cluj-Napoca
Training in Dentistry began in Cluj in 1919 in a department of the Medical University of Dacia Superior University. Between 1919 and 1926 it was successfully under the direction of its founder, Prof. Dr. George Bilaşcu. As a result, Dental Medicine was included as a compulsory part of Medicine studies in all Romanian universities.
In 1948, the Faculty of Dental Medicine was founded at the Medical-Pharmaceutical Institute in Cluj. Back then, it had only three departments. Dentistry, Therapeutical Dentistry, as well as Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Nowadays, dentists are trained in advanced, general dentistry at the Faculty of Dental Medicine, according to the European standards. The specialists of the Faculty contribute with their research to the development of the theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of dentistry. Our study programme, with lectures in Romanian, French (since 2001) and English (since 2007), became really multinational.