Our General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions of cegom GmbH and its company Medizin-Studium-Ausland
1. Scope and application of these Terms and Conditions
The following General Terms and Conditions (in German, AGB) regulate the legal relations between cegom GmbH, as well as its company Medizin-Studium-Ausland (hereinafter referred to as MSA, for more information see Legal Notice at https://www.medizin-studium-ausland.de/index.php/impressum), and its clients.
2. Definition of services
MSA gives the client advice on choosing a degree at one of the universities mentioned below, and helps the client to prepare the written application. This includes individual advising, the provision of information material, the verification of the application documents, and the provision of learning material in case an entrance exam is necessary. MSA delivers the application to the concerned university. MSA endeavours to achieve a successful application at the concerned university.
The client must pay a standard fee for all the services provided by MSA,
in the amount of:
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Iuliu Haţieganu” Cluj-Napoca: 5590€
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences: 7690€
- Masaryk University: 8990€ / For the pre-med course when getting admitted: 2195€
- Medical University Pleven: 6690€
- Riga Stradins University: 7995€
- Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice: 8190€
- Comenius University Bratislava: 7690€
- Medical University Varna: 7745€
- University of Debrecen: 8690€ / Receiving a place at the BMC (Basic Medical Course): 2195€
- Universidad Europea Madrid & Valencia: 9495€ / Foundation Course (Pre Med Course): 9495€
- Palacký University Olomouc: 8690€
- Duna College Budapest: 2095€
- First Faculty of Charles University Prague: 8690€
- Third Faculty of Charles University Prague: 8690€
- Faculty of Medicine Hradec Kralove – Charles University: 8690€
- University of Zagreb – Medical School: 7745€
- CEU Valencia: Dentistry = 9495€ / General Medicine = 9495€ / Veterinary Medicine = 7945€ / Pharmacy = 7945€
- University of Pécs: 8995€ (all degree programs, except psychology) / Psychology = 3545€ / Receiving a place at the BMC (Basic Medical Course): 2195€
- Semmelweis University: 8995€ / Receiving a place at the BMC (Basic Medical Course): 2195€
- University of Szeged: 8690€ / Receiving a place at the BMC (Basic Medical Course): 2195€
- University of Latvia: 6590€
- Pomeranian Medical University (Szczecin): 7790€
- European University Cyprus (Nicosia): 8490€
- Universitat Internacional de Catalunya Sant Cugat del Vallès: 9495€
- Medical University of Bialystok: 7690€
- Humanitas University: 9295€
- Universidad CEU San Pablo: 9495€
- Wenzhou Medical University & Medical University of Lublin (Dual Medical Degree): 7.690€ (excl. statutory value added tax)
- Latvia University of Agriculture: 5590€
A part of this standard fee is to be paid when the contract is accepted. The amount of the partial payment is established as follows:
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Iuliu Haţieganu” Cluj-Napoca: 595€
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences: 695€
- Masaryk University: 995€
- Medical University Pleven: 695€
- Riga Stradins University: 595€
- Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice: 695€
- Comenius University Bratislava: 695€
- Medical University Varna: 750€
- University of Debrecen: 695€
- Universidad Europea Madrid & Valencia: 995€
- Palacký University Olomouc: 695€
- Duna College Budapest: 595€
- First Faculty of Charles University Prague: 695€
- Third Faculty of Charles University Prague: 695€
- Faculty of Medicine Hradec Kralove – Charles University: 695€
- University of Zagreb – Medical School: 750€
- CEU Valencia: 995€
- University of Pécs: 695€ (all degree programs, except psychology) / Psychology = 595€
- Semmelweis University: 695€ (applies for all of our offered degree programs at this university)
- University of Szeged: 695€ (applies for all of our offered degree programs at this university)
- University of Latvia: 595€
- Pomeranian Medical University (Szczecin): 695€
- European University Cyprus (Nicosia): 995€
- Universitat Internacional de Catalunya Sant Cugat del Vallès: 995€
- Medical University of Bialystok: 695€
- Humanitas University: 795€
- Universidad CEU San Pablo: 995€
- Wenzhou Medical University & Medical University of Lublin (Dual Medical Degree): 695€ (excl. statutory value added tax)
- Latvia University of Agriculture: 595€
The entire amount of the total payment only has to be paid by the client, if at least one university offers a study place to the client. In this case, the rest of the total amount (CONFIRMATION FEE) has to be paid by the client and is due with the acceptance confirmation of the university. This fee has to be paid independently of the client’s acceptance or refusal of the offered study place. Maturity applies with the acceptance confirmation of the first university. The respective message from the university in form of a letter or an email to MSA or to the client, also in another language than English, is the confirmation of the place at university / confirmation of admission. If the client is accepted at another university, for which a higher confirmation fee has to be paid, MSA will charge the differential amount. Refunds will not be made.
If the client is offered a place by the university, after getting counseling and the information material by MSA, then the confirmation fee also has to be paid, even if the client arranges the preparation and submission of the application documents independently or takes part in an admission exam organized by another provider.
The applicant pays the current confirmation fees that apply at the time of the admission exam. These can increase up to 10% after the conclusion of the contract at most. If the contract ends before getting a university place offered or by refusal of the university, the client has to pay the partial performance received by MSA until the end of the contract. If the universities should not offer a university place to the client, the entire amount is reduced to the partial amount (registration fee) that is due with the conclusion of the contract and is compensated with its payment.
MSA does not refund any payments that have already been made, if the university offers the client a university place and the client refuses to accept this place. Also partial amounts (registration fees) that are due with the conclusion of the contract and which have already been made, independently of accepting or refusing offered study places, will not be refunded.
The university alone decides if the client will get a university place offered. MSA can therefore not assume liability for a positive decision of the universities.
The fees for the needed certifications and translations will be charged by MSA independently. MSA has no influence on possible costs and their changes that are charged by the university (e.g. administrative costs, processing fees).
MSA is entitled to implement services by a sunbcontractor.
The customer has to submit the needed personal documents for the admission exam and the application to MSA immediately upon request. For negative decisions due to missing, or by the client delayed submitted documents, MSA assumes no liability. The exam locations for the admission exams are not necessarily in Germany. A short-term change of the exam locations remains reserved.
Special charges for transfer students / lateral entrants: see paragraph 5.
3. Conclusion of the contract
By sending the “application form” to MSA, the client is making a binding offer to enter into a contract to obtain the services described in Section 2. MSA will send a statement of acceptance by e-mail, thereby confirming the conclusion of the contract.
4. Application and admission requirements
The specific application and admission requirements are established by the concerned university. In case the concerned university requires passing an entrance exam in addition to the written application, the dates and places of these exams shall be established by the concerned university. The place of the exam is always in Europe; however, it is not necessarily in Germany. The customer shall bear the costs that arise by travelling to and staying in the place were the exams are held.
MSA excludes all liability for damages. This disclaimer shall not be applicable in the case of damage claims, on whatever legal ground, if MSA, their legal representatives or agents fail to comply with their obligations due to gross negligence or intentionally, or in case of claims for damages in the event of bodily injury, death or harm to health. This disclaimer shall not be applicable in the case of failure to comply with fundamental contractual obligations, in the case of negligence, the liability shall be limited to those damages that are usually foreseeable at the time of concluding the contract.
6. Data protection
MSA is entitled to save, collect, store, change or distribute the client’s personal data for the purpose of ensuring appropriate fulfilment of the contract established between the client and MSA. These involve in particular name, address, date of birth and contact details (telephone and fax number, e-mail address). Furthermore, MSA is entitled to forward the data to the university to which the candidate wishes to apply. Nevertheless, the disclosure of data to third parties does not take place.
MSA saves the text of the contract and sends the client the contract conditions via email. By this, MSA provides the client the possibility to access the contract details and to save it in reproducible form.
Only registered clients of MSA have access to the text of the contract saved in MSA, with exception of the publicly available GTC.
These terms and conditions and all legal relations between the client and MSA shall be governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany, excluding the provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. For the conclusion of a contract, only the German language is available.
8. Conditions for withdrawal
8.1. Right of withdrawal
You are entitled to cancel your order in writing (for example, letter, fax, e-mail) within two weeks without giving any reasons. The withdrawal period shall commence upon receipt of this written notice, but not before the conclusion of the contract and not before we have fulfilled our obligations to provide information in accordance with Article 246 Section 2 in connection with Section 1 Paragraphs 1 and 2 EGBGB (Introductory Law to the German Civil Code) as well as our obligations in accordance with Section 312g Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 BGB (Civil Code) in connection with Article 246 Section 3 EGBGB. The withdrawal period shall be deemed to be observed if the withdrawal notice is sent within the established period. The withdrawal notice has to be addressed to:
A company of cegom GmbH
31785 Hameln, Germany
Fax: 05151 – 60969 – 1358
8.2. Consequences of withdrawal
In the event of an effective withdrawal, any services received by either party must be returned and any benefits that may have been obtained (for example, interest) are to be repaid. If you are not able to return to us the services or any benefits (for example, benefits from use) or are only able to do so in part or in a deteriorated state, you will be required to compensate us accordingly.
If you have required that the services should begin during the withdrawal period, you will have to pay us the corresponding proportion for the established services up to the moment in which you inform us about your exercise of the right to withdrawal included in this contract, in comparison to the total volume of the planned services established in the contract.
You will be only obliged to pay the compensation of service withdrawal if you point out these legal consequences before filling your declaration of revocation and you expressly consent that we begin with the execution of our services before the end of the withdrawal period. If it is an obligation to pay compensations, this can cause that the contractual payment obligations must be fulfilled for the period up to the date of cancellation.
8.3. Special conditions
Your right to cancellation will expire prematurely if the contract has been totally fulfilled upon your express request before you had exercised your right to withdrawal. The obligations regarding the reimbursement of the payment must be carried out within 30 days. This period begins for you once you have sent the declaration of revocation, for us, the period begins once we receive it.
9. Online Dispute Resolution
On the basis of Directive 2013/11/EU, the European Commission has established an internet platform for the online dispute resolution (“OS-Platform”) between entrepreneurs and consumers. It is accessible via the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
End of the cancellation policy
10. General Information Obligation according to § 36 VSBG
Responsible Consumer Arbitration Board:
General Consumer Arbitration Board of the Center for Arbitration e.V.
77694 Kehl Am Rhein
The Cegom GmbH is generally willing to take part in a dispute resolution at the General Consumer Arbitration Board.
11. Consent in recordings of the client
The cegom GmbH intends to publish photo, video and/or audio content of the client in the leaflets, flyer or the internet, until further notice by the client. In individual cases, the name of the pictured person can be clearly related to the picture. The footage can be used by partner companies of the cegom GmbH. These can be precisely named to the client upon request. The recordings will not be transferred to uninvolved third parties.
The client accepts this usage of photo, video and audio content. This consent can be revoked at any time. Photo, video and audio content that has already been published at the time of the revocation is only subject of the revocation for future publications.