Faculty of Pharmacy of the LUHS
The Pharmacy department of the University was founded in 1922. A few years later, in 1951, this department became the “Faculty of Pharmacy and Stomatology”. An independent Faculty of Medicine was established in 1968. Today, this Faculty is the leading study facility of its kind in Lithuania. The Faculty comprises the University of Pharmacy and four more departments.
- Department for Analytical and Toxicological Chemistry
- Department for Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Department for Pharmaceutical Biology
- Department for Pharmaceutical Technology and Social Pharmacy
The Faculty has more than 700 students, including 10 international students. The language of instruction for international students is English. The degree of Pharmacy lasts 5 years, including a 6-month traineeship in public hospitals and pharmacies. After passing the exams, when the degree is finished, the students receive the official professional denomination: “Pharmacist”. Total number of ECTS credits: 300
PhD programmes last for 4 years. Once it is finished, and after passing the exam, the students obtain the Doctorate. The PhD programmes are organised under the supervision of the Faculty and the Department of Research. The Faculty of Pharmacy is the only one of its kind in Lithuania which offers the students the possibility of combining the degree in Pharmacy with scientific research. The teaching staff at the Faculty use the newest technology and most effective learning methods in order to train a new generation of top pharmacists.