Faculty of Dentistry
The Faculty of Dentistry was founded in 1955 by Professor Károly Balogh as a complement of the Medical Faculty. Nowadays it is one of the leading dental faculties in Hungary and worldwide. More than two thirds of the Hungarian dental surgeons have studied at Semmelweis University.
6 of the 8 departments of the faculty are located in the new dental training centre. With a surface of 12,000 m2 it offers everything the students need: modern, full-equipped exercise rooms, operating theatres, and lecture rooms, where the students can learn quietly and concentrate for their exams.
The University offers this programme in English, Hungarian and German. Each year around 80 international students begin their studies in English or German. Currently around 630 people are studying Dentistry at Semmelweis University. The number of students is high since it is a very popular and recognized degree. The fame of the medical studies has helped the Faculty of Dentistry, which is now also very well-known and it is considered one of the best faculties in this branch, in Hungary, Europe and the world. Many students come from abroad in order to study at this exceptional dental faculty.
Regarding research projects and academic exchange, the faculty is very active and committed. A proof of this is the large amount of foreign students and professors who are usually in the faculty. If you want to receive the best education, this Faculty of Medicine is with no doubt a very good option.